UKtech50 2022: Abet us web the most influential folks in UK IT
ahasoft – stock.adobe.com
Computer Weekly’s annual web out about the 50 most influential folks in UK IT is abet – enable us to know who it’s good to well possibly love to appoint for this year’s list
Editor in chief
Printed: 16 Mar 2022 13: 57
Computer Weekly has launched its 12th annual UKtech50, our web out about a definitive list of the movers and shakers in UK technology. We want to recognise the CIOs, industry executives, public servants and industry leaders who’re riding forward the digital agenda in the UK financial system.
This year, Computer Weekly is all over again partnering with Harvey Nash, and together, our function is to name the 50 most influential leaders in UK IT. Whoever comes top of the list can be the particular individual that, in the thought of our expert judging panel and a reader vote, holds the most have an effect on over the vogue forward for the UK tech sector in the following 12 months – and hence the vogue forward for IT professionals true thru the nation.
Final year, the 11th annual UKtech50 seen Sarah Wilkinson topped the winner. Because the CEO of NHS Digital in some unspecified time in the future of the depths of the Covid-19 pandemic, Wilkinson led a team that used to be at the center of the digital response to coronavirus in the effectively being service.
Teams true thru NHS Digital needed to lift a mountainous array of products at an sizable scale, very quick. Wilkinson acknowledged quite a lot of the work of the govt. team in some unspecified time in the future of the pandemic used to be about “getting without lengthen concerned with truly getting the digital and records products built and deployed”.
“Nearly now not truly apt one of many Covid programmes we did followed one thing love a conventional venture lifecycle. The adjustments in direction, timeframe and potential were an absolute fixed. Regularly, it felt love massive new requests were landing on the desk on on every day foundation foundation,” she suggested Computer Weekly at the time.
Later in 2021, Wilkinson moved on from NHS Digital after four years in the role, and she is now CIO at Thomson Reuters, based completely mostly in Switzerland.
So who will educate in Wilkinson’s footsteps to characteristic in this year’s top 50? There will be hundreds of candidates from every UK sector. With adjustments aplenty in digital authorities, and new roles and leaders emerging and making their impress, will a digital leader from Whitehall attain out on top?
Because the digital revolution transforms agencies and the arena battles with the aftermath of the Covid-19 pandemic, will a CIO with game-changing IT programs attain to the fore? Or as startups grow true thru the nation, is that this the time to recognise a technology entrepreneur?
Here’s where we need your succor. In the event you would love to appoint anyone you truly feel deserves recognition as truly apt one of many 50 most influential folks in UK IT, merely total the beget beneath and put up your suggested particular person. Nominations ought to be got by 15 April 2022 to be eligible for the 2022 list. The winner will be announced in June.
Judging the UKtech50
The UKtech50 list will be made up our minds by a judging panel representing every space of the UK IT profession – and we are in a position to quiz readers to vote on who they think must mild top the list.
Our judging panel will rob out the halt 50 candidates in step with the following criteria:
- Influence: What authority or potential does the person beget – both thru their personal procedure or the role they put – to for my fragment have an effect on the advance of UK IT, or to steer others in positions of authority?
- Achievements: What has the person carried out previously 12 months to succor the advance of UK IT?
- Profile: Is the person recognised as a job mannequin for aspiring leaders? How broadly are they acknowledged by their peers as an authority and have an effect on on UK IT?
- Management: Does the person account for the abilities and experience major to be viewed as a frontrunner in the advance of IT in the UK? Compose they’ve a management role and does that succor them originate the role of IT in the UK?
- Doable: How probably is it that the person will beget a famous impact on UK IT in the following 12 months? Will their authority and responsibility grow?