UFC 273 data: Nassourdine Imavov vs. Kelvin Gastelum off, Ilir Latifi vs. Aleksei Oleinik added
March 28, 2022 7: 24 pm ET
April’s UFC pay-per-detect tournament sees a pair of changes to the lineup.
As a result of visa components, Nassourdine Imavov will now now now not compete in opposition to Kelvin Gastelum, the promotion formally launched on Monday. The wrestle has been canceled from the cardboard and there can be no replace opponent for Gastelum.
Imavov (11-3 MMA, 3-1 UFC), 26, will have to motivate a bit longer to compete in his first wrestle of 2022, as he used to be waiting for the replace to prolong his present steal plod to three straight.
The frail middleweight title challenger Gastelum (16-8 MMA, 11-8-1 UFC), 30, has now now not competed since August, when he dropped a unanimous decision to Jared Cannonier, and would possess looked to snap a two-wrestle skid.
It’s some distance unclear if the bout can be rebooked at a later date or if the promotion will lunge on to a various matchup. Gastelum posted a press commence on Twitter stating he is “making an strive to resolve out other alternate choices.”
Sadly my opponent used to be unable to develop a visa.
Confidently that will get labored out ASAP.
We’re making an strive to resolve out other alternate choices.
So put tuned…..#UFC273
— #OnAmission4Gold (@KelvinGastelum) March 28, 2022
While one wrestle is misplaced, one more is won in a previously canceled heavyweight matchup. At UFC on ESPN 33, Ilir Latifi used to be scheduled to face Aleksei Oleinik, however the wrestle fell aside ethical hours earlier than the tournament. Latifi used to be forced to drag out of the wrestle with a non-COVID-associated illness. The promotion moved swiftly to reschedule the bout, and it must now prefer sigh at the pay-per-detect tournament which is headed by two title fights.
With the changes, the UFC 273 lineup now entails:
- Alexander Volkanovski vs. Chan Sung Jung – for the featherweight title
- Aljamain Sterling vs. Petr Yan – for the bantamweight title
- Gilbert Burns vs. Khamzat Chimaev
- Mackenzie Dern vs. Tecia Torres
- Irene Aldana vs. Aspen Ladd
- Ian Garry vs. Darian Weeks
- Dricus Du Plessis vs. Anthony Hernandez
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Marcin Tybura
- Ilir Latifi vs. Aleksei Oleinik
- Mickey Gall vs. Mike Malott
- Pat Sabatini vs. Gavin Tucker
- Julio Arce vs. Daniel Santos
- Price Madsen vs. Vinc Pichel
- Kay Hansen vs. Piera Rodriguez